8th/9th Grade Team
8th/9th Grade Coach: Mike Lucia - firstname.lastname@example.org
8/9 Grade Baseball Schedule - 2013
Blue - Home Green - Away
Season Over: 6/4/13
Game 1 Recap - CNS 10 Oswego 0
- On a perfect day at Fort Ontario, the Northstars opened the season with a 5-hit shutout of Oswego. At the plate, CNS connected on six hits including a base clearing triple in the top half of the sixth.
Pitch Count: Cramer - 47 Perrin - 42
Game 2 Recap - CNS 5 West Genesee 6, 8-Innings
- Making the trip to Camillus Middle School, the Northstars and the Wildcats played into extra innings only to have the home team score two in the bottom of the 8th to secure the win. The Northstars used a 7-hit attack to jump out to an early 4-0 lead only to see the Wildcats plate 4 in the bottom of the sixth to tie the game up.
Pitch Count: Dziados - 61 Salamone - 52
Game 3 Recap - CNS 10 F-M 3
- Making their home debut, CNS rebounded after falling into a 0-2 hole after the top of the first inning to overwhelm F-M wih their bats for a victory on the front field at the Junior High School. The Northstars collected 18 hits while limiting the Hornets to just one run after the first inning.
Pitch Count: Hoke - 45 Williamson - 44
Game 4 Recap - CNS 8 RFA 4
- Traveling to DeLutis Field on a cold spring day did not deter the Northstars in posting a four run victory against the Black Knights. Despite getting only five timely hits, the pitching staff was able to hold their opponents to four hits throughout the seven inning contest.
Pitch Count: Perrin - 60 Cramer - 41
Game 5 Recap - CNS 2 Baldwinsville 5
- Returning home to the front field at the Junior High School did not prove to be a welcoming homecoming as the Bees pitchers limited the Northstars to two runs on nine hits. While the Northstars staff did just enough to keep the game close, timely hits did not come CNS' way.
Pitch Count: Dziados - 67 Christian - 43
Game 6 Recap - CNS 4 Liverpool 3
- Rebounding from Tuesday's loss and motivated by the thrilling varsity victory the night before, the Northstars defeated the Warriors at home on a windy day at the Junior High School. The pitching staff scattered 11 hits while limiting Liverpool to three runs and six hits were enough for CNS to plate their 4 runs.
Pitch Count: Williamson - 68 Hoke - 36
Game 7 Recap - CNS 9 Oswego 3
- Staying at home, the Northstars behind an eleven hit attack distanced themselves from Oswego in a three-run fifth inning to seal the victory. The pitching staff limited Oswego to 5 hits throughout the 7-inning contest.
Pitch Count: Cramer - 54 Perrin - 42
Game 8 Recap - CNS 4 West Genesee 5, 10-innings
- The final trip around the league yielded the same result against the Wildcats, an extra inning thriller that was delayed by lightning. The Northstars bats scratched across four runs on six hits while the staff scattered 10 hits over the 10-inning contest.
Pitch Count: Dziados - 63 Christian - 56
Game 9 Recap - CNS 8 F-M 1
- On a cold, damp day at Wellwood Middle School, the Northstars pitching staff limited the Hornets to one hit during the seven innning contest. At the plate, the Northstars connected on 11 hits to provide more than enough offense to seal the victory.
Pitch Count: Hoke - 44 Williamson - 35
Game 10 Recap - CNS 1 RFA 0 - Rained Out, Not an Official Game
- Rained out with two outs in the bottom of the first. The game will not be rescheduled.
Pitch Count: Perrin - 9
Game 11 Recap - CNS 8 Baldwinsville 7
- On a hot and humid day, the Northstars traveled to Durgee Junior High School and rallied with five runs in the sixth and another in the seventh for the come from behind victory. Eleven hits paced the Northstar offense while the pitching staff did not allow the Bees to have big inning despite 11 runners left on base for Baldwinsville.
Pitch Count: Perrin - 70 Cramer - 70
Game 12 Recap - CNS 1 Liverpool 3
- Back again to Liverpool Middle School, the Northstars bats were silenced to two hits and one run over the 7-inning contest on a picture perfect day. The pitching staff held Liverpool to three runs off of nine hits but it was not enough to overcome the Warriors.
Pitch Count: Hoke - 44 Christian - 24
Game 13 Recap - CNS 10 Oswego 0
- The Northstars concluded the season with a sweep of the Bucs at the Junior High School. The offense came out fast plating 7 runs in the first two innings and the pitching staff did the rest by limiting Oswego to five hits over seven innings. Congratulations to the team for an impressive 8-4 overall record!
Pitch Count: Dziados - 51 Williamson - 31
8/9 Grade Baseball Roster – 2013
Brown, Brandon 9th NSJHS C
Christian, Ben 8th NSJHS 3rd, P
Cramer, Chris 8th NSJHS OF, P
Dziados, Luke 8th NSJHS SS, P
Frawley, Dylan 8th NSJHS C
Hoke, Warren 9th NSJHS 2nd, P
Kasch, Mike 9th NSJHS OF
Lombardo, Dominic 9th NSJHS OF
Perrin, Ryan 9th NSJHS SS, P
Ramirez, Josh 9th NSJHS SS
Reilly, Brendan 8th NSJHS 2nd
Riggs, Rich 9th NSJHS 1st
Salamone, James 9th NSJHS 1st
Sciore, Mike 9th NSJHS OF
Silfer, Justin 9th NSJHS OF
Stanton, Connor 8th NSJHS OF
Stevens, Josh 9th NSJHS OF
Szczesny, Mike 9th NSJHS 3rd
Williamson, Zach 9th NSJHS 1st, P
Season Complete, Good Luck with Summer Baseball!!!
"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."
- John Wooden
||"doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Word website."
||"docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit the Microsoft Office Viewer for Word 2007 File Format."