Technology and the Internet have changed everything, from how we communicate and conduct business to how our children learn and socialize. Verizon has a strong responsibility to help fuel positive change in education, literacy and online safety.
One of the most effective ways to improve student achievement is to put better tools in teachers’ hands. To that end, the Verizon Foundation contributes millions of dollars every year to advance education and literacy.
Thinkfinity.org - A Landmark Web site for Teaching & Learning*
Thinkfinity.org, Verizon’s nationally recognized web site, uses the power of the Internet to give educators, parents and students thousands of free, standards-based learning resources created by leading educational organizations. At Thinkfinity you’ll find:
- Quick & easy access to high quality K-12 classroom materials
- Thousands of standards-based lesson plans, reference materials and interactive student materials
- At-home activities for students & parents
- Professional development, including webinars for educators
- The Thinkfinity Community, where educators and parents can join groups, exchange ideas and share & save favorites
- Social networking tools where you can use our widgets, blogs, RSS feeds and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Verizon supports efforts that teach responsible, safe use of the Internet and other digital media.
For example, the Verizon Foundation provided the major funding for the PBS series FRONTLINE that addresses the risks and possibilities presented by the new digital culture we all inhabit. The project, “Digital Nation — Life on the Virtual Frontier,” includes:
- An interactive Web site
- Safety education curriculum created by PBS
- Companion Verizon Web site, to provide visitors with insight into Internet safety and how Verizon invests in programs and organizations promoting this important issue.